BLOG 1: My Media Consumption
My Media Sources

The New York Times
One of my main sources of news and information is The New York Times because it covers a wide range of topics including politics, business, culture, technology, and world events. I like that the articles are detailed and professionally written, which helps me better understand complicated issues instead of just seeing short headlines on social media. I would recommend it because it is one of the most respected news organizations in the world and provides reliable reporting with in-depth analysis.
TikTok
Although TikTok is mainly known as a social media platform, I also use it as a source of news and information. Many creators break down current events, media trends, and political topics in ways that are easier for younger audiences to understand. I like how fast information spreads on the app and how it allows people to see different perspectives. However, I think it is important to fact-check information from TikTok using other trusted sources because not everything posted online is accurate.
CNN
I use CNN because it provides quick updates on breaking news and major events happening around the world. I especially like using the app for live coverage during elections, natural disasters, or other important events because information is updated constantly. I would recommend CNN because it is accessible, easy to navigate, and keeps people informed in real time about national and international news.
Youtube
YouTube is another important source of information for me because it combines entertainment with education. I use it to watch documentaries, interviews, podcasts, and commentary videos about current events and media topics. I enjoy that creators can explain topics visually and conversationally, which can make difficult subjects easier to understand. I would recommend YouTube because there is content available for almost every topic imaginable, although viewers should still pay attention to the credibility of creators.
Instagram is one of my top sources of information because many news organizations, journalists, and content creators post updates directly on the platform. I like that information is presented visually through graphics, reels, and stories, making it quick and engaging to consume. I would recommend Instagram because it allows users to stay updated on current trends, news, and social issues while also following organizations and creators that match their interests.
Comments
Post a Comment